Tuesday 15 September 2009

Just another day in paradise


With nothing to write about.

I say that a lot when people ask me "hows it going?"

"Just another day in paradise".

Just another day.

One more day.

On the road to what? THAT, is the question. No, I'm not going to get all philisophical and gushy on you.

Not tonight.

I'm just wondering what its all addin up to.

Where its all going.

Its been a rocky, bumpy, trudge-y road thus far, but I cant but hope that its going to level out, to open up, to get to where I want it to get to.

I'm not looking for the Land Of Oz, just somewhere nice.

Somewhere pleasant. Somewhere I WANT to be.

I've got a few ideas as to how to get there, (wherever that is), but they seem like pipe dreams at this point.


So here I sit tonight, after yet another uneventful day, wondering if life is just one uneventful day after another.

To be trugded through, to get to the end.


Nah. Thats idiotic.


thats how most people seem to view it.

I don't give a rats ass how most people do it. Nor, have I decided, do I care what they think of how I do it.

They can take pleasure in my decisions, and add some spark to their trudge filled day discussing me and my decisions.

Gee, that souonds narcisissistic, doesn't it?


Yep.


Dont care about that, either.

Life is indeed too damn short.

And there are no "Best Trudger" medals to be handed out at the end, either.



I've been trudging through paradise for the better part of the past 25 years, and I think, I've had a bellyfull.
Tonight, I saw the emergency vehicles pull up to an elderly neighbor's house.
Tonight, I wonder what happened at "Tony's" house. Whether it was him, or his wife who was gurneyed away in an ambulance.
Tony, as I have learned, was no trudger.
He was a "hell raiser" when he was a youngster, as told by another neighbor, on numerous occasions.
Lately however, he was a trudger's trudger. Old age will do that to you.
Tony is/was of old age. Hell raising youth notwithstanding, he was just an old guy who went through the motions of his latter days, with a smile.
I dont want to be remembered as anything but "a content guy".
I know, I know, take a number.
And very few people would categorize me as "happy and/or contented".
At this point, anyways.



Are you trudging?

Do you believe we are supposed to?

Generations have believed that, y'know.

This isnt some mid life crisis, in case you're wondering.

Its a mid life lane change.


Road change.


Route change.


I've got half a life left, and if you think I want to trudge through IT like the past seemingly endless years, youre as nuts as I am.



If you're lucky, I wont knock on your door and say "c'mon, lets get the hell outta here..."



ooooooooooooh, you looked at the door with that comment, didntcha?



Uh-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

You GET what I'm talking about.


Well, gotta go now. Gotta get some sleep so I can trudge through another day in paradise, tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment